Lawson developed a fascination with UFOs in the 1940s after reading UFO reports in the Los Angeles Times. The professor taught courses on the subject of UFOs, and also started the UFO Report Center of Orange County.
Through his research, Lawson became convinced that people who claimed to have been abducted were actually using memories of their birth to describe encounters with extraterrestrials. Along with a doctor, Lawson used hypnosis on people who reported being abducted. He started to become skeptical, so he started hypnotizing people who made no claims of abduction, and began seeing strong similarities when he would ask the subjects to imagine being abducted.
Lawson’s daughter acknowledges that his views made him a “rebel” in the UFO community.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered