A mysterious bright light shot across the early morning sky at approximately 1:40 AM in South Carolina on Monday, February 13.According to local Fox affiliate, Fox Carolina, this UFO disturbed many upstate South Carolina residents. Dispatchers in Spartanburg reportedly fielded dozens of 911 calls from concerned witnesses just before 2:00 AM. One witness who contacted Fox Carolina explained that she “saw lights, heard a boom, then heard a crash in the woods near her home.” She further explained, “It was like a giant spotlight, and it was only there for, like, four or five seconds.” The impact from the crashing UFO made her walls shake. Other witnesses saw the fireball zooming through the sky, and heard an explosion when it hit the ground.
Dr. Charles St. Lucas, Planetarium Director at the Roper Mountain Science Center in Greenville, SC believes what witnesses saw Monday morning was a meteor. He opined, “It sounded like a typical bolide,” which is a brighter-than-usual meteor that has the appearance of a fireball flashing through the sky.
Bolide meteors are supposed to be rare, yet fireball UFOs have appeared in multiple states across the United States in the past year. But the South Carolina fireball UFO is different because of the explosion described by witnesses.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- UFO Headlines 2/7/2019