The film to which I am referring is Bay’s remake of the popular Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. So where do benevolent extraterrestrials fit into the plot of the well-established storyline of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Confusingly, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are the extraterrestrials.Bay made this announcement last week at Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York during Nickelodeon’s annual Upfront presentation, where he treated the audience to an exclusive look at 3D storyboards for the upcoming live-action movie. According to Gothamist, Bay provided the following statement about the movie:
When you see this movie, kids are going to believe, one day, that these turtles actually do exist when we are done with this movie. These turtles are from an alien race and they are going to be tough, edgy, funny and completely lovable.
By making the Turtles extraterrestrials, Bay is completely rewriting the established origin of these characters. As Entertainment Weekly explains, “In the original mythology, four baby turtles fall into the sewer and come into contact with glowing radioactive ooze, which mutates them into four bad-ass warriors trained in ninjutsu by astute rodent Splinter.”
This wild plot change is sure to upset diehard fans of the original storyline. It is also yet another example of Hollywood catering to the public’s insatiable interest in UFOs and extraterrestrials.
- UFO captured on video by drone over North Carolina
- Colorado UFO witness photographs ‘metallic objects’ moving overhead
- Hillary campaign manager held UFO meeting with USAF generals, rock star and top secret aircraft developer
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- Grant Cameron – UFO Disclosure and Trump – November 14, 2016
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood