Hundreds of witnesses have reported seeing strange lights in the sky above Elista, the capital of Russia’s southern Republic of Kalmykia. The lights have been described by some a triangle of rotating circles, while others have described the lights as looking like two circles rotating clockwise and counter-clockwise. The lights have apparently appeared every ten days during the month of December. But local journalists think the lights are simply spotlights over a shopping center, though they are not sure.
Open Minds has reported on several stories from Kalmykia in the past, primarily due to the former president of the republic, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, who claims to have met with extraterrestrial beings back in 1997.
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson