Lex 18, the NBC affiliate in Lexington, Kentucky, aired a news story on October 16 about a shiny, cigar-shaped UFO that was photographed over Pike County that afternoon.
Longtime amateur astronomer Allen Epling witnessed the mysterious object, and captured it on video with his Meade 8″ SCT astronomical telsecope. He explains that the UFO hovered in the same location for more than two hours, “not drifting more than 10 degress in any direction.” But Epling isn’t the only individual who witnessed the UFO. According to Lex 18, local police received numerous calls about the strange aerial object.
Epling posted his video online, and he explains in the video’s description:
Image in video was shot with about 150 power magnification. I couldn’t risk losing it by taking time to set up a tripod or fixed mount for the camera, so I handheld the camera and struggled to keep the image steady and in the field of view. Couldn’t take time to really get a good focus for fear of losing it. However the object’s periodic brightening blurred the image anyway at full brightness.
In addition to his video, Epling was able to snap several photos of the UFO.
Journalist Kyle Lovern photographed a similar aerial object that same day approximately thirty miles away in Williamson, West Virginia. Several witnesses over a wide area have reportedly seen this UFO.
According to Lex 18, the Air Force and local airports were contacted about the object in Kentucky, but so far, nobody has been able to identify these sightings.
Thanks to Steve Hammons for bringing these sightings to my attention.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Mystery in the Southwest: A Look Inside the Infamous Bradshaw Ranch
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay