Documentary director, James Fox, finally revealed the contents of a letter from Steven Spielberg to Larry King regarding his UFO documentary, I Know What I Saw, at this year’s UFO Congress. In 2009 Fox had appeared on Larry King Live to talk about UFOs and his documentary, which was about to appear on the History Channel. A few days after the show, King told Fox that he had sent a copy of the documentary to Steven Spielberg. King then received a letter from Spielberg in response, and sent Fox a copy. Excited about the endorsement from Spielberg, Fox contacted Spielberg’s publicist to confirm it was OK for Fox to share Spielberg’s remarks to help promote the upcoming airing of his documentary. Unfortunately, Spielberg’s publicist, Marvin Levy, denied the request.
At the time, Fox had let some of us in the UFO community know he had received an endorsement, but respecting Levy’s wishes, he did not reveal the exact content. Fox said now that a few years has passed, he left a message for Levy, informing him that he intended to read the letter at the UFO Congress this year. He had not heard back from Levy, so he assumed that meant it was OK, and he read the letter to an excited IUFOC crowd. Transcribed from Fox’s reading, the letter said:
With great curiosity, I watched the documentary you sent over and found it compelling. Personally, I would like to think we are not alone, and even though I have devoted a generous percentage of my movies to extraterrestrial related themes, I for one have never seen a UFO. That is so unfair! (sic)
I hope you will continue to pursue this topic on your program, and that some day our government will offer a total disclosure about what they know about unidentified flying objects and their true and natural origins.
I continue to enjoy watching you and all your guests.
All my best,
Fox was disappointed Spielberg did not endorse his film openly. He said:
Here is a guy who knows there is a cover up, who is one of the most influential people in the entertainment industry… He even put in Dr. J. Allen Hynek in Close Encounters for those in the know, realizing that this is a little way of saying that this is based on reality. And yet he wasn’t willing to put in a little effort for an independent guy like me, to help my movie succeed.
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson