Two South Carolina witnesses at McCornick reported watching a circle-shaped, translucent object that slowly moved across the sky, according to testimony in Case 63235 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The husband and wife were fishing on Clarkshill Lake – also known as Lake Strom Thurmond – when the object was first noticed. The reporting witness looked away from a contrail in the sky – and then back again – and noticed something to the right of the contrail.
“I could see the whole right side of object, but it was translucent,” the witness stated. “The left side was completely transparent. I could make out the outline of the right side with a pattern on the inside. It must have been tilted because I could make out the whole right side of the circular object.”
The witness pointed out the object to her husband.
“I said to my husband, look there is an object, but I knew he would not be able to see it unless his eyes were already fixed on the object. After pointing to the object and telling him it’s to the right of contrail it went completely transparent.”
The witness described the object.
“The object appeared to be very slowly moving to the left of contrail when it went completely transparent. I was completely in awe that I finally had witnessed what I know was a UFO. I have always been a believer and hoped that one day I would witness such an event.”
The witness will continue to watch the skies for future events.
“The fact that I saw what was apparently an object cloaking itself doesn’t leave me questioning what I witnessed. I know what I saw that day and I will never forget it.”
Lake Strom Thurmond, also known as Clarks Hill Lake, is a reservoir at the border between Georgia and South Carolina in the Savannah River Basin. The lake is about 27 miles northwest of Augusta, GA.
South Carolina is currently a UFO Alert Level 5 – with 0.42 sightings per million population based on MUFON January 2015 statistics. South Carolina received a total of two UFO reports in January.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Michael Schratt – Are Black Triangle UFOs Secret Military Projects? – April 17, 2018
- St. Patrick’s Day UFOs
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Luis Elizondo Interview for the 2018 International UFO Congress (Video and Transcript)