A team of scientists published a paper last week in which they revealed findings from a new study where the team concluded that NASA found life on Mars. They analyzed data collected by NASA’s Mars Viking robots in 1976, concluding that samples were originally incorrectly identified by scientists as geologic samples, rather than biologic samples.
The team used math to reach their conclusion. Discover News explains the new approach taken with the Viking data by the team of scientists and mathematicians:
Researchers distilled the Viking Labeled Release data, provided as hard copies by the original researchers, into sets of numbers and analyzed the results for complexity. Since living systems are more complicated than non-biological processes, the idea was to look at the experiment results from a purely numerical perspective.
This new interpretation of 36-year-old data is not without its critics. Some scientists contend that the method used by this research team to differentiate between biological and non-biological samples has yet to be proven.
Regardless, neuropharmacologist and biologist Joseph Miller from the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, a member of the research team, told Discovery News, “On the basis of what we’ve done so far, I’d say I’m 99 percent sure there’s life there.”
And when Curiosity reaches the surface of Mars later this year, that percentage has a good chance of increasing to 100.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered