Beginning in 1963, Hellyer served as the Minister of National Defence for Canada. After his retirement, influenced by a Peter Jennings special on UFOs, Hellyer read Col. Corso’s book, The Day After Roswell, in which Corso claims to have handled material from the Roswell craft. Hellyer confirmed Corso’s story with an U.S. General. Hellyer has been outspoken on the U.S. government’s withholding of UFO information as well as its aggressive stance on the extraterrestrial presence, which is further discussed in his book Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
Paul Hellyer was Canada’s youngest Member of Parliament when he was first elected in 1949 and the youngest cabinent minister appointed to Louis S. St. Laurent’s government eight years later. After a stint in opposition he subsequently held senior posts in the governments of Lester B. Pearson and Pierre E. Trudeau, who defeated him for the Liberal Party leadership in 1968. The following year, after achieving the rank of senior minister, which was later designated Deputy Prime Minister, Hellyer resigned from the Trudeau cabinet. Although Hellyer is best known for the unification of the Canadian Armed Forces and for his 1968 chairmanship of the Task Force on Housing and Urban Development, he has maintained a life-long interest in macroeconomics. This led him to form Action Canada, a populist movement dedicated to the concepts of full employment and low inflation with an emphasis on quality-of-life issues. Through the years, as a journalist and political commentator, he has continued to fight for economic reforms and has written several books on the subject. A man of many interests, Hellyer’s ideas are not classroom abstractions. He was born and raised on a farm and his business experience includes manufacturing, retailing, construction, land development, tourism and publishing. He has also been active in community affairs including the arts and studied voice at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto. His multi-faceted career, in addition to a near lifetime in politics, and union membership as a radio and TV commentator, gives Hellyer a rare perspective on what has gone wrong with the economy and what has to be done about it.
Back to the Open Minds UFO Video Portal
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Heather Taddy and Chuck Zukowski Discuss Their New Show Alien Highway
- Congressman Seeks Answers Regarding Department of Defense UFO Efforts
- Bryan Bender, Politico’s Defense Editor Talks UFOs
- Luis Elizondo Interview Transcript
- Alan Stivelman – Director of Witness of Another World – October 22, 2019