According to a new column by the British newspaper The Guardian, titled Wikileak Cables: You ask, we search, there are no files related to UFOs or aliens in the over 250,000 leaked US embassy cables.
Infamous founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange had been asked in a December 3, 2010 interview in The Guardian about receiving files on UFOs and replied “Many weirdos email us about UFOs or how they discovered that they were the anti-christ whilst talking with their ex-wife at a garden party over a pot-plant…” Assange went on to state “However, it is worth noting that in yet-to-be-published parts of the cablegate archive there are indeed references to UFOs.”
His later statement received worldwide attention, spawning headlines such as, “WikiLeaks to expose UFO cover-up?” Expectations for the files were high, but according to today’s story by The Guardian there is nothing to see. The Guardian is one of five papers that received the secret diplomatic cables as early as August and has been coordinating story releases on the files with other media outlets.
In a story on November 28, 2010 by Yahoo News, it was discovered that The Guardian had also released the files to the New York Times, citing that they were worried they might receive a gag order by the British government.
Earlier this week The Guardian began their series Wikileak Cables: You ask, we search, in which they ask readers what they would like The Guardian to search for in the more than 250,000 cables. Each day since December 14 they have released an article and the latest installment included a statement on their search for the UFO references.
The Guardian wrote, “Despite what Julian Assange said in an online Q&A, there are no references to aliens in the cables. We searched for aliens and UFOs (“visitors” and “non-terrestrial officers” too, thanks, UFO-minded readers) without finding anyway.”
Assange’s earlier statement about UFOs in the cables could have been in reference to a message regarding UFO hacker Gary McKinnon and the British government’s ongoing negotiation with the US over his possible extradition. The cable from the US Ambassador to England was sent to Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton’s office briefing her on the topics that the Prime Minister might bring up during her visit in October of 2009.
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018