The existence of caves on the moon has been speculated by scientists for years. But now, NASA scientists have proof.NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter successfully recorded an image of a lunar pit. And because of the Orbiter’s position and the angle of the sun, this recorded image allows scientists to see into the lunar pit for the first time. On previous attempts to photograph the lunar pit, the images returned were too dark to make any concrete determinations. This fourth and most recent image provided scientists with the evidence to prove the existence of lunar caves.
According to the Daily Telegraph, this discovery could open the door to developing lunar bases because “the pit is wide and deep enough to protect people from dangerous meteorite impacts, cosmic rays and extreme temperature fluctuations.”
While many scientists have been quick to push space research efforts farther out into the universe, at least some scientists still see the value in exploring our closest neighbor—a neighbor about which we still know very little.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019