Nearly 25 percent of Russians believe that we will be contacted by an extraterrestrial civilization within 50 years, according to a recent poll. Furthermore, a pollster from the Russian Public Opinion Foundation says, “Those who believed that contact would be beneficial for humanity were two times greater than those who believed the opposite.” However, a majority of Russians, 53 percent, still say they don’t believe in aliens at all.
The poll was conducted in recognition of Cosmonauts Day, a Russian holiday that commemorates the Soviet’s historic flight into space by cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin in 1961. The poll included 1500 participants with a margin of error less than 5 percent.
In other Russian UFO news, a popular archpriest of the Russian Orthodox Church recently said that the public often mistakes angels and demons for aliens.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- UFO Headlines 2/7/2019