Nearly 25 percent of Russians believe that we will be contacted by an extraterrestrial civilization within 50 years, according to a recent poll. Furthermore, a pollster from the Russian Public Opinion Foundation says, “Those who believed that contact would be beneficial for humanity were two times greater than those who believed the opposite.” However, a majority of Russians, 53 percent, still say they don’t believe in aliens at all.
The poll was conducted in recognition of Cosmonauts Day, a Russian holiday that commemorates the Soviet’s historic flight into space by cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin in 1961. The poll included 1500 participants with a margin of error less than 5 percent.
In other Russian UFO news, a popular archpriest of the Russian Orthodox Church recently said that the public often mistakes angels and demons for aliens.
- Is a U.S. Air Force general from Wright-Patterson helping Tom DeLonge obtain official UFO disclosure?
- Multiple UFOs reported 20 feet over Pennsylvania homes
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Triangle UFO close encounter reported over Ohio
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- UFO reported hovering over Florida residential neighborhood
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- ‘Starfish’ disc UFO photographed over Tucson