Nearly 25 percent of Russians believe that we will be contacted by an extraterrestrial civilization within 50 years, according to a recent poll. Furthermore, a pollster from the Russian Public Opinion Foundation says, “Those who believed that contact would be beneficial for humanity were two times greater than those who believed the opposite.” However, a majority of Russians, 53 percent, still say they don’t believe in aliens at all.
The poll was conducted in recognition of Cosmonauts Day, a Russian holiday that commemorates the Soviet’s historic flight into space by cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin in 1961. The poll included 1500 participants with a margin of error less than 5 percent.
In other Russian UFO news, a popular archpriest of the Russian Orthodox Church recently said that the public often mistakes angels and demons for aliens.
- UFO and secret alien base reports found in declassified U.S. Forest Service documents
- Disc UFO caught on camera moving out of bay
- OpenMinds.tv in WikiLeaks as reference for Bill Clinton’s UFO interests and remarks
- Witness spots UFO while waiting for rocket launch
- Cheryl Costa – UFOs by the Numbers – April 10, 2017
- New Hampshire witness says UFO chased jet (VIDEO)
- Exclusive full interview of former Arizona governor discussing his Phoenix Lights UFO sighting (Video)
- Jimmy Kimmel asks another former president about UFO secrets
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)