Nearly 25 percent of Russians believe that we will be contacted by an extraterrestrial civilization within 50 years, according to a recent poll. Furthermore, a pollster from the Russian Public Opinion Foundation says, “Those who believed that contact would be beneficial for humanity were two times greater than those who believed the opposite.” However, a majority of Russians, 53 percent, still say they don’t believe in aliens at all.
The poll was conducted in recognition of Cosmonauts Day, a Russian holiday that commemorates the Soviet’s historic flight into space by cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin in 1961. The poll included 1500 participants with a margin of error less than 5 percent.
In other Russian UFO news, a popular archpriest of the Russian Orthodox Church recently said that the public often mistakes angels and demons for aliens.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Alleged UFO photos over China Lake analyzed
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Mystery in the Southwest: A Look Inside the Infamous Bradshaw Ranch
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay