The video shows hundreds of explosions varying in color, including blue, green, red, and purple.
The Star-Telegram reports that more than 300 cloud-to-ground lightning strikes occurred in Fort Worth from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM. At approximately 9:00 PM, these events prompted calls to police by residents who were reporting “fireballs,” both in the sky and on the ground. The video recorded by Luenser was reportedly shot between 9:30 PM and 10:00 PM.Bob Ray Sanders, a columnist for the Star-Telegram, witnessed this event, and he stated, “I’ve seen lightning strike, and this was no lightning.” He further described, “I saw fire in the sky and on the ground . . . I saw 10 or 12 explosions. It was like someone was dropping bombs.”
The first thing I think of when I hear the description of “fire in the sky” is the book and movie by the same name: Fire in the Sky—the story of Travis Walton who was allegedly abducted by extraterrestrials.While some who have watched the video of this light spectacle have commented that the lights are reminiscent of scenes from Hollywood movies like Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Skyline, others have gone gone further, suggesting this light show was caused by extraterrestrials. At various points in Luenser’s video, multiple white lights (or “orbs,” as some have called them) appear in the sky as the explosions of light occur below. Some have speculated that these may have been UFOs, but the lights could simply be lens flare resulting from the extremely bright explosions.
Jaime Molina, a representative from local power company Oncor, told the local NBC affiliate that approximately 4,000 customers in the area lost power following the incident. He didn’t know the number of transformers affected, but he expected that power was restored “very quickly,” as the electrical system is designed to switch to another substation automatically.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Dr. Michael Masters – UFOs Could Be Us From the Future – October 29, 2019