Two Pennsylvania witnesses at Erie reported watching a silent, hovering triangle UFO that remained motionless as a storm moved in before slowly moving off to the west, according to testimony in Case 59560 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The two witnesses were outside talking with a neighbor when the object first appeared below the clouds above about 2 p.m. on August 8, 2014.
“We observed a large, solid black triangle, just hovering – no sound at all,” the reporting witness stated. “It looked as though it may have had a round light, or dome in the center. “We all had the distinct feeling it was watching us.”
The witness described the event.
“It remained totally motionless – no movement at all. No visible means of any propulsion. A thunder storm was just beginning to develop and we were worried that the craft may get hit by lightning – but it did not. It also continued to remain silent and motionless as the winds picked up.”
The object eventually moved away.
“After about 15-20 minutes, the craft began to move slowly and silently, in a westerly direction, until it disappeared from view. Still totally silent.”
No images were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on September 4, 2014. The above quotes were edited for clarity.
Erie is a city located in northwestern Pennsylvania, population 102,000. Pennsylvania MUFON is investigating. Pennsylvania has a current UFO Alert Rating of 3 with a high number of recent reports nationally. Pennsylvania had 26 UFO reports in August 2014 – the 6th highest reporting state – while California had 99 reports as the highest reporting state. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 150 or more reports for the month are rated an Alert 1; states with 100 or more reports are rated an Alert 2; 25 reports or more for the month are rated an Alert 3; 13 or more reports are rated an Alert 4; and those states with less than 13 reports for the month are an Alert 5.
- Video: U.S. Navy Carrier Strike Force-11 Encounters Unknowns on November 14, 2004 near San Diego – Part I/3
- UFOs over Oklahoma caught on video with cell phone
- UFO photographed with cell phone by airline passenger
- Black flying disc UFO with blue lights spotted in New Mexico
- UFO sightings visualization competition held by data crunchers
- My UFO sighting reported to Project Blue Book at Comic-Con
- Bryce Zabel – A Post-UFO Disclosure World – April 24, 2018
- UFOs…Seriously LIVE Ep 12 – Credible UFO News and Information
- Chase Kloetzke – Mutual UFO Network Director of Investigations – Sept. 25, 2018
- Chris Cogswell – Mutual UFO Network Director of Research – April 10, 2018