In December 2011, astrobiologist Paul Davies and research technician Robert Wagner published a scientific paper calling for the public’s help to search for traces of extraterrestrial life on the moon. Now the SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) Institute is calling on the public for help as well.
The SETI Institute announced the launch of SETI Live at the TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design) conference in Los Angeles. According to Space.com, anyone can register on this website and assist in the search for extraterrestrial radio signals by analyzing data received by SETI’s Allen Telescope Array in California.
Dr Jillian Tarter, director of the SETI Institute’s Center for SETI Research and winner of the TED Prize in 2009, explained, “I’m hoping that an army of volunteers can help us deal with these crowded frequency bands that confuse our machines. By doing this in real time, we will have an opportunity to follow up immediately on what our volunteers discover.”
The BBC points out that crowdsourcing data “has proved to be a very useful tool for scientists in a range of disciplines,” so it makes sense to utilize crowdsourcing in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence as well.
If you want to join the search, register at www.setilive.org.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- George Knapp Hunt for the Skinwalker Interview Transcript
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018