A production crew recently wrapped shooting on an upcoming short film about the 1947 Maury Island UFO incident.
According to the filmmakers:
The short film is based on the true story – taken directly from declassified FBI documents – of Harold Dahl’s June 21, 1947 UFO sighting near Maury Island and the first reported ‘Man In Black’ encounter that happened the next day. An investigation followed that resulted in a mysterious crash of a B-25 carrying “slag” evidence from the encounter, which killed Capt. William Davidson and Lt. Frank Brown (this film will be dedicated to them). This case went all the way up to FBI Executive Director J. Edgar Hoover, who expressed personal interest in it.
The film is now moving into post-production where it will be edited and assembled into the final product. Vashon-Maury Island Beachcomber explains that the makers of The Maury Island Incident intend to enter the estimated twenty-to-fourty-minute film into various film festivals. And they also plan to use the film to pitch the idea of a feature film or TV series based on the event.
The film’s director and producer is Scott Schaefer, recipient of three national Emmy Awards for his writing work on shows including Bill Nye the Science Guy. Having worked in television for more than twenty-seven years, his directing credits include The Arsenio Hall Show and America’s Funniest People. According to Vashon-Maury Island Beachcomber, Schaefer became interested in ufology “in the early 1990s, when he worked in Hollywood as a field director of a television show called ‘Sightings,’ which delved into the mysteries of flying saucer sightings.” Schaefer explains, “Let’s just say I went into that show as a skeptic, and came out a non-skeptic.”
Now that the film has entered post-production, the filmmakers are hoping to premiere the film by the end of the year.
For more information about The Maury Island Incident movie, visit the film’s website at www.mauryislandincident.com.
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- The science of proving an object was created by an extraterrestrial civilization
- Latest UFO News – October 2, 2018
- Report on US Navy UFO encounter leaked
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018