Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, who has held the position since 1995, beat Anatoly Karpov in the presidential election by a vote of 95 to 55. Ilyumzhinov was Russia’s official candidate, publicly backed by the Kremlin, while Karpov was strongly opposed by Russia, likely due to his criticism of Russian politics.
After an ugly campaign of mud-slinging and name-calling, Ilyumzhinov extended an invitation to Karpov, offering him the vice presidency. However, after accusing Ilyumzhinov of incompetence and corruption during the campaign, Karpov might find serving as Ilyumzhinov’s vice president slightly uncomfortable.
Earlier this year, Ilyumzhinov publicly claimed to have met with extraterrestrials in Moscow, where he communicated with them and was shown around their spaceship.
Having stepped down from his role as president of the Russian republic of Kalmykia, Ilyumzhinov should now have more time to devote to the FIDE.
- That’s Classified: Exposing Silver Bullet Technology
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- FAA releases audio and radar data of UFO encounter with multiple pilots over California and Oregon, jets were scrambled
- Bob Lazar Documentary Sneak Peak
- George Knapp – The Government’s UFO and Paranormal Study: The Skinwalker Ranch – Sept. 18, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- Michael Schratt – Are Black Triangle UFOs Secret Military Projects? – April 17, 2018
- Roswell crash site debris may be confiscated by BLM, says researcher
- Jeremy Corbell – Upcoming Documentary on The Skinwalker Ranch – May 15, 2018
- A Survivor at Roswell: The Truth About the One that Walked Away