Sonar detected the object in June 2011, and one year later on June 1, 2012, the Ocean X Team began an expedition to determine the object’s identity. To date, this company of treasure hunters has been very bad at releasing worthwhile information, yet very good at ambiguity and hype generation.
On June 7, the team released a statement that read, “The divers are now down and investigating the circle and reports from the ship say they are really amazed. There is definitely something unusual hiding at the seabed.” And while the team said photos and videos would be released a week later, as of July 15, the only new imagery seems to have been provided to the Swedish tabloid Expressen.
Also on June 7, team member Dennis Asberg posted a cryptic message on Facebook stating, “Everything is top secret now . . . because of the risks . . . hope you all understand this is no game. But the truth will be reported shortly.”
A press release from the company on June 15 confirmed that the company has indeed discovered “something abnormal” in the sea:
The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.
A long path leading up to the mysterious object is described by the team as “a runway or a downhill path that is flattened at the seabed with the object at the end of it.”
These veteran divers say they have “never seen anything like this.” The identity of the object remains a mystery.
- The disappearance of the UK’s “most spectacular” UFO photo
- Kurt Russell alleges he witnessed famous Phoenix UFO event (VIDEO)
- Documentary on alien implants convinces filmmaker topic not so crazy
- Charles Lamoureux – New Canadian UFO Documentary – July 10, 2017
- Robert Powell – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – October 24, 2017
- Did Fox News catch a UFO buzzing the U.S. Capitol?
- Florida witness reports rectangular UFO near Tampa Bay
- Tom DeLonge’s UFO research team revealed, includes government insiders
- UFO encounter in Alabama
- British bus driver videotapes triangle UFO