Nick Nadel from AMC’s FilmCritic.com describes, The Nye Incidents follows level-headed medical examiner Lynn Devlin’s investigations into the gruesome murder of an alien abductee. Of course, she’s haunted by dreams of creepy saucer-eyed people, despite her logical, Dana Scully-esque side.”
Director Todd Lincoln, producer Daniel Alter and RKO are the team tasked with adapting the comic for the big screen, according to the Hollywood Reporter.The topic of alien abduction is all too familiar to Strieber, who is a self-proclaimed abductee. His novel Communion is based on his personal experiences. And Nye will reportedly be based on some factual information too, as “Strieber will be involved in the development of the film, acting as consultant and providing documents and case files on what he purports are true events,” according to the Hollywood Reporter.
A big screen version of Nye was originally announced in 2009, but the project was put on hold while Lincoln directed the supernatural thriller The Apparition. The movie news website ShockTillYouDrop.com interviewed Lincoln in 2009 about Nye. He described his vision for creating a terrifying alien movie:
Also in the interview with ShockTillYouDrop.com, Lincoln revealed his passion for the project:
Whitley doesn’t call aliens ‘aliens’ he calls them ‘visitors’ which I think sounds much scarier . . . With this subject, we want to get away from the go-to rural locations or outer space and really capture the terror of what a close encounter or abduction or mutilation would be like. The moment in Signs that everyone talks about is that home video footage of the birthday party and the alien quickly moves past the window. I want to do a whole movie that feels like that moment.
Growing up, I watched Communion and Fire in the Sky and I think the whole reason I’m so excited about this project is that I feel that we have the go to iconic horror movies for vampires, werewolves, slashers and zombies. I just feel like we don’t have the go-to horror movie for these visitors. We’re not treating this like sci-fi. We’re taking this seriously. We’re treating this like it’s really happening and could happen to you.
The Nye Incident is currently in development, and is tentatively scheduled for a 2012 release.
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recent Government UFO Announcements – June 18, 2019
- Dr. Kevin Knuth – UFOs, Science, and Relativistic Interstellar Travel – March 26, 2019
- Luis Elizondo, Former Head of the Pentagon’s UFO Project
- Dr. Eric Davis: Investigating and Experiencing the Paranormal – April 30, 2019
- Kevin Day – UFOs Observed on Navy Radar Systems – May 14, 2019
- Anthony Lappe – Producer of Unidentified: Inside America’s UFO Investigation – May 21, 2019
- Lee Speigel, UFO News and Updates – August 21, 2019