An Alabama witness at Pell City reported watching a hovering object with four lights that appeared to be a triangle shape, according to testimony in Case 63597 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was eastbound along I-20 between Birmingham and Atlanta when the object was first seen about 10:56 p.m. on January 25, 2015.
“I saw a triangular-shaped object with four lights off to my left.” the witness stated. “I continued driving about 65 or 70 mph while I observed the craft. It seemed to be hovering or moving so slowly that I couldn’t tell.”
The object first caught the witnesses’ attention when it projected a light like a searchlight.
“It was foggy, so the searchlight really stood out. At first I thought it was a helicopter shining a searchlight, but the triangular shape of the lights didn’t seem to be a helicopter. The searchlight turned off about 10 seconds after I noticed it.”
As the witness approached the object, he was unable to make out the shape of the craft.
“It definitely resembled a triangle instead of a helicopter, like I initially thought it was. The lights were white at first, and faded to red, then to a light green, then back to white. All of the lights changed color at once, and they did not blink.”
The object seemed to be hovering as the witness moved away from it.
“It seemed to hover in place for around a minute before I passed it and it was out of sight. I passed exit 156 on I-20 East a minute or two after I saw the object.”
Pell City is a city in St. Clair County, Alabama, population 9,565.
Alabama is currently a UFO Alert Level 5 – with 1.23 sightings per million population based on MUFON January 2015 statistics. Alabama received a total of six UFO reports in January.
The UFO Alert Rating System is based on five levels – 1 through 5 – where states with 4.01 or higher reports per million residents are rated an Alert 1; 3.01 – 4.0 reports are an Alert 2; 2.51 – 3.0 are an Alert 3; 2.01 – 2.5 are an Alert 4; and those states with 2.0 or lower are rated an Alert 5.
Please remember that most UFO sighting can be explained as something natural or man-made. The above quotes were edited for clarity. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31
- Nick Pope – Recently Released Government Documents – February 5, 2019
- Sean Cahill, Navy UFO Encounter and Guadalupe Island Investigation – July 16, 2019
- Larry Hatch, UFO Database Creator, Remembered