Approximately one billion people reportedly watched the opening ceremony either on television, on the web, or in person. And it didn’t take long for the Internet to erupt with chatter about the UFO. This unidentified craft is visible in videos from media cameras covering the event, as well as in countless videos from cell phone cameras and personal video cameras taken by onlookers. But a video from The Telegraph garnered the most attention, as it provides one of the best views of the craft slowly floating over the fireworks display.
Although some have described the UFO as “metallic” and “saucer-shaped,” its behavior and appearance bear a strong resemblance to a blimp, and more specifically, a Goodyear blimp. As the Daily Mail explains, “NBC Olympics – a division of NBC Sports – has picked Goodyear blimps for all of its 2012 Olympics aerial coverage.” But oddly, the Daily Mail goes on to say, “The object does not look like one of the floating airships.”Goodyear blimps have an easily identifiable blue stripe that runs along the blimp’s side. The unidentified craft seen over the fireworks also appears to have a stripe running along its side. Frank Warren of the website The UFO Chronicles points out an additional piece of evidence that supports the blimp theory — Goodyear’s blimp website. This site features blimp photos submitted by users in their “Spot the Blimp” section. And, it just so happens that users have submitted photos of the blimp flying over Olympic Park stadium. The resemblance to the object in the videos is striking.
It was just last month when former British Ministry of Defence UFO investigator Nick Pope suggested that UFOs might be spotted at the Olympics. And although this recent UFO sighting will likely be identified by the UK’s Civil Aviation Authority as a Goodyear blimp, the incident will almost certainly not be the only UFO sighting that takes place during the 2012 Olympic Games.
And just for good measure, here is a terrific photo showing the “UFO” in greater detail:
- Bob Lazar Area 51 documentary narrated by Mickey Rourke
- Jeremy Corbell – The Genesis of “Bob Lazar: Area 51 and Flying Saucers” – November 27, 2018
- Paul Hynek – Project Blue Book and Dr. J. Allen Hynek – January 1, 2019
- 2018 UFO Year in Review – January 8, 2019
- Calvin Parker – The Pascagoula UFO Incident – November 20, 2018
- David O’Leary – Creator, Writer, and Producer of History’s Project Blue Book – December 18, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE CLIP: Bob Lazar discusses Element 115
- David Beaty – USS Nimitz UFO Encounter – January 22, 2019
- Unidentified Review: History Series Takes UFOs to a New Level of Credibility
- History’s New UFO Reality Show to Premiere May 31